The Town of Sunnyvale continues to make improvements to roads and streets. At its July 24, 2023 meeting, the Town Council approved $9.3 million to fund the project’s next phase known as Phase 2B that will involve the reconstruction of Tripp Road, Town East, North Jobson, and South Jobson. This 11 lane-mile phase began in late August and is expected to be completed before Christmas.
At the Aug. 28, 2023, meeting, the Town Council approved $7.1 million to fund Phase 2C that will involve the reconstruction of portions of East Fork Road as well as north and south Paschall Roads. This 5.7 lane-mile phase is also expected to be completed before Christmas.
Phase 2B includes the repair and overlay of the following sections of asphalt roadway (dates are subject to change):
- Tripp Road from Beltline to The Falls is complete.
- Jobson Road from Tripp Road to US 80 is complete.
- Jobson Road from Tripp Road to Town East Boulevard is complete.
- Town East Blvd from Tower Place to Collins is complete.
- North Collins Road from Town East Boulevard to Barnes Bridge Road (Southbound will be closed 10/30 - 11/13, Northbound will be closed 11/14 - 12/5). Full completion of the entire section of Collins including striping is anticipated early the week of 12/11 weather permitting. Please consider using a combination of Town East/Polly/Barnes Bridge to bypass Collins construction.
- 10/24 North Collins Public Meeting - For more information regarding the North Collins Project including traffic safety and calming, please click here: October 24, 2023, Public Meeting Presentation
- 11/13 Town Council Briefing on Phase 2B/2C Road Projects including North Collins Traffic Calming Recommendations: November 13, 2023, Town Council Road Presentation
Phase 2C includes the reconstruction of the following sections of asphalt roadway (dates are subject to change):
- East Fork from Gloria to Tripp - Final paving is underway and scheduled for completion by Saturday, 12/2. Please consider using Collins between Tripp and Town East as an alternative during East Fork construction.
- North Paschall from Tripp to US 80 Frontage Road - Construction started Tuesday, 11/28, on the northbound lane.
- South Paschall from US 80 Frontage Road to Long Creek - Construction started Monday, 11/27, on both lanes.
Keep in mind that weather and other factors can cause delays or pauses in any construction project.
Phase 1 of this project included portions of Town East Boulevard, Long Creek Road, East Fork, Gloria Road, N. Collins Road, and Polly Road and is complete. Phase 2A addressed East Fork from Polly Road to Town East Boulevard and was completed in mid-August. Those two phases represented an investment of $3.75 million covering just over 9.5 lane miles of roadway.
With the completion of Phase 2B and 2C this fall, the Town of Sunnyvale will have reconstructed more than 26 lane-miles of roads and streets since the beginning of 2022 that will continue to secure Sunnyvale’s future pathways.
Please watch this page for further project updates.